Jan 8, 2014

Weekend Getaway

I meant to post this earlier this week, but life got in the way so what can I say?
This weekend was my friend, David's, birthday. John and I met him when we started traveling to Graham. We played in the band there together. He was our lead guitar player. He quickly became one of our good friends. It had been a while since either of us had seen David, so we couldn't pass up a fun, birthday weekend! David turned 33 on Sunday. I know he won't mind me saying because he looks about 23. Oh, and ladies, he's single! ;D
Happy Birthday, David!!
On Saturday, we attended Gateway in Southlake. It was the first night of the First Conference. I was telling several of my friends that I've been watching their services, YouTube videos and whatnot online for years. So to actually be in the building and experience everything in person was just so surreal! We didn't know before hand, but James Robison was the speaker that night! For those of you who don't know who he is, just Google him. You would be reading this blog for the rest of the week if I told you about him. Basically, he's awesome. He's been a televangelist since the late 60's. Pretty much BFF's with Billy Graham. One of the most amazing speakers of our time. His sermon was about how God is a Holy and Consuming Fire. Go watch the full sermon here. It'll give you goosebumps, let me tell you! I had them the whole night. After the service, David took us back stage to meet some of the worship leaders and pastors, including, Thomas Miller, Davis & Alena Moore, and others. Such sweet people.
After church, we had some delicious food at La Hacienda Ranch. (FYI "hacienda" means "ranch" in Spanish so we enjoyed saying "we're going to The Ranch Ranch!" Yes I know, easily entertained.) Anyway, after dinner we went to Barnes & Noble To "geek out" as John and David would say. I just enjoyed looking at the countless shelves of journals. I ended up buying two because I couldn't choose. When we were done "geeking out", we watched Frozen which, by the way, is such a cute movie! Go see is soon if you haven't already.
On Sunday, we went to the North Ft. Worth campus where I was able to meet Zach Neese. Such a genuinely, friendly person. This is what I love about Gateway. Despite that it is one of the biggest and fastest growing churches in the world, the people there are so open and kind and friendly towards others. It's a refreshing atmosphere to be in.
John and I were supposed to head back home after lunch that day, but we found out that Max Lucado was going to be speaking that night. He originally wasn't going to be speaking until Monday night, so we were thrilled. We decided that driving back home late in the dark was worth it. Before it all started we were able to sit in on rehearsal.
Kari during rehearsal.






Kari Jobe was there that night. She is a better singer live than she is on her album.





We were so close!








Max's sermon was also amazing, of course. He spoke about his new book, "You'll Get Through This". You can watch his full sermon here.









That night, John and I also met one of our long time Twitter friends, Quinton Bobb, who attends TKUG. We've been friends with him on Twitter for about 2 years now. He is such an incredible person, and so wise and mature for his age. I just love him to death.

o o o

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I spontaneously purchased an opal ring just because I wanted to, for myself. After the entire weekend with being away and attending Gateway several times, I realized that I don't do enough fun things for myself. I never reward myself for anything. So this ring is just a small reminder to keep life interesting, adventurous, and fun. And to never settle for a life that is less than what I am capable of living.

Opal isn't my birthstone, but I love them anyway.
 


















Such a fun weekend. I cannot wait to visit there again.
I hope everyone has a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment