Jan 22, 2014

In the Studio with Callahan Divide

So I know I'm way behind on this, but life happens and time slips away. There was just no way that I was NOT going to post this.
A couple of weekends ago, I was in the studio with Callahan Divide for the last bit of recording for their second album. I had the pleasure of singing on their first one, as well; you can find it right here! It's a fun one!
There are just no words for me to express how proud I am of these guys. Their style of writing and creativity blow me away. Their songs aren't just about trucks, girls, back roads, and beer. While some of them do mention those things (I mean, it is Texas country, so what can you do?), they still have a much deeper meaning and purpose behind them than just those things alone. They were written from the heart. Through experience of pain, loss, and heartbreak. Along with joy, happiness and true love. I've known these guys for as long as I can remember, and I've never been more proud.
Enough of the sappy talk. You're just going to have to listen for yourself when you get the album.


The album is supposed to be released sometime this spring. There isn't an exact release date yet, but I'm sure I'll be posting more about it!
I always have the best time with these fellas. There is never (no seriously, NEVER) a dull moment.

A message to CDB: Thank you for your friendship. All of you. Thank you for giving me the honor of being on your album for the second time! I'm looking forward to so many more adventures. I can't wait for people to see what you guys have to offer.

In my eyes, they are better than most of  the country bands at the top of the charts right now. I'm thinking that this album is seriously going to knock some socks off!

Follow Callahan Divide on Twitter to keep up with them.







No comments:

Post a Comment