Aug 31, 2012

Whoa, BABY! A lot to take in.

I am so good about keeping my blog up to date! ... NOT.
It’s been a really crazy month. or two. I don’t even know how long it’s been since I’ve blogged last.
But to sum things up:
I got a job at a hospital here in town as the newborn photographer. I think I might have mentioned this is my last blog. but oh well.
I get to see every single baby being born in this hospital in SA and go have a mini photo session with them! (as if my baby fever couldn’t get any worse). Some of them are super cranky and don’t ever want to even be touched, but others (more than not) are the biggest cuddle bugs and will let you take pictures of them all day. I can go on forever with stories about my job, but then you would be reading this blog for the rest of the year. But here are some examples of pictures that we might do in a photo session:
Disclaimer: I did not take these pictures nor do I have any right to own these pictures.
Copyright - OUR365:

Copyright Our365©
Copyright Our365©
Copyright Our365©
Copyright Our365©
Copyright Our365©
Copyright Our365©
Copyright Our365©

Alright, you get the point. As you can see, my heart definitely melts with every baby that I get to photograph. It never gets boring because every baby is different. I literally love my job.

[Random subject change]

And for those who have been asking... No. I am not taking any classes this semester.
“*GASP!* WHAT!? She’s not going to school!?” might be your reaction. It’s cool. I’m used to it. But no, I’m not going to school. Last year was a great experience for me and I grew tremendously and learned more about myself and grew in my faith more than I ever have in my entire life. Truth is, I prayed my guts out all school year and all summer about it. I just didn’t feel the Lord calling me to go to ASU anymore. It was actually a very long time before I could really come to this realization. I made some great friendships, and did some awesome things while I was there. but there was always something missing. So for now I am working full time, and I love what I do. It’s my passion. And when and if someone asks me, I get to share my faith and the love of Jesus. One day I’ll go back and ‘get that degree.’ But I’m trusting in Him first to tell me where He needs me to go at that time.
I praise Jesus everyday that I have such godly parents and friends who can back me up on my decisions, and who will pray for me and be there for me. I seriously have no idea what I would do without them. I know that’s kind of a cliche statement. But seriously. I would be lost without my parents, John, and my brothers and sisters in Christ.

So until my next post,
happy friday!

2 comments:

  1. What an inspiring post. Reminds us to be still and listen to what God says and wants us to do. It's important for us to always do what we are called to do, even if it is shocking to others. Usually, the more people who think you are crazy, chances are you're on the right path. ;)

    Love all the babies, personally I think you have the best job EVER!

    HaleeDawn
    www.haleedawn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on stepping forward into your passion and sharing the courage and faith that you may inspire others by walking your talk. Way to go Ivy. To Your Health, Julie

    ReplyDelete