Jul 17, 2012

An Unexpected Blessing.

After months of searching, applying, and praying for jobs, God has finally blessed me with basically my dream job! I am a newborn photographer for the hospitals in San Angelo. It is a nation-wide company called Our365. They are the ones who take pictures of the baby's "first moments" in the hospital. In the past when I've seen pictures of babies like this, I always thought to myself, "wow. this would be the perfect job!" I mean c'mon.. who wouldn't want to pose little babies and make them look really cute and make memories for the families!? It's just so heartwarming to me. And I get to wear scrubs... YAY!
If you check out the Our365 website, you will see a slideshow of pictures and see what I will get to be doing!

This whole experience has been a total whirlwind. I learned the hard way that I cannot do things on my own. I am not in complete control of my life. I've known this before, but I guess it never actually occurred to me in this kind of way. My timing is so terrible. But my God is so good. Faith and prayer consumed my life, and I loved every minute. Even when I was the most worried, and when nothing was adding up. But it still makes me sad because I realized that my life before this was not consumed by faith and prayer. It hurts and breaks my heart to look at my life and see that. But this also shows how awesome, faithful, loving, and merciful my God is. He saw me in my brokenness, when I was faithless, and picked me up and said, "I love you. And I still have the best for you."
The way everything just flowed together was amazing and unexpected. But I guess that explains God perfectly, huh? Amazing and unexpected.


Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me for the past couple of months. Thank you for the sweet and genuine e-mails, text messages, Facebook posts, Twitter mentions, and phone calls. I cannot tell you how much it really means to me that you all care so much.

I hope everyone has an awesome week!

"You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail."
- Proverbs 19:21

No comments:

Post a Comment