Jun 23, 2012

Apartments and The Good Ole Days.

Summer time.
I wish I could go back in time to when I was really little and all I worried about was the water being too cold at the city pool, and all I ever thought about was making homemade ice cream, playing in the sprinkler while daddy watered the grass, taking walks to the park, or perfecting my dive and wondering if that cute boy would notice me at the pool.
BUT. Those days are long gone. Bittersweet I suppose. Definitely more bitter than sweet though.

I finally moved into my apartment! Yeah it took long enough. My mom came down for the weekend and she brought me tons of stuff from an estate sale where she got everything for free! Like: candles, kitchen utensils, towels, place mats, dishes, glass ware, pots & pans, and the list just goes on.
Story time:
Okay so during the search for furniture for this new place, I found a couch on Craigslist (I mentioned this in my last blog). It was a full, micro-fiber couch with very few little tears. The lady gave it to me for $90! And it was totally worth the investment!
Then one day, I tweeted that I was using a laundry basket as a coffee table one morning, and a church friend of mine tweeted me back. She is getting married soon and was downsizing on some of her furniture, and she offered to bring it to me for free! She gave me a night stand, an end table, and a dresser! Hallelujah! Thank you Bre!
So when mom came down for the weekend, we painted all of these pieces of furniture and they look amazing. (if I may say so myself) ;)
Here are some pics:

End table.

Coffee table.

Also, John and I were in Hastings just reading and hanging out when an old friend of his walked in. He mentioned that he had moved out of his house recently and was wondering if he knew of someone who needed a full size bed. (UH, ME!) So when we went to go pick up the bed, he also threw in a free, black office chair as well.
All in all, I got all of my furniture for a grand total of $90. It was glorious.

My good friend, Allison, is moving in with me in July. She should be here in about a week or so! YAY! But I'm sad to say that she is leaving at the end of July.

I am still looking for a roommate after July so if anybody knows of someone who is looking for a place to live, tell them to call ME!! It's a great apartment for a great price! I need/want a roommate really bad! Get the word out! :)

Now off to do some cleaning, cooking, and resting!
Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!
    Glad the whole furniture situation worked out, it can be so expensive!

    ReplyDelete