Jun 2, 2012

The Loveliness of an Irregular Saturday.

Happy Saturday!

Today John and I went couch chopping for my apartment. [which I'll be moving into in approx. 4 days! Woohoo!] I've been looking around on Craigslist for the past week or so for some good, quality, [and hopefully] cheap furniture. I found some good, quality furniture, but the 'cheap' part wasn't really happening.. And then I found some really cheap furniture.. But of course, it was falling apart.
... Figures..
BUT a couple of days ago I ran across this: A micro-fiber, full couch. And the price was really decent for a micro-fiber couch. [Micro-fiber is my absolute favorite material for couches!] I thought it was too good to be true, so we decided to actually go look at it. It's in great shape and it's SO comfortable! [and John likes it a lot, so that's a plus!] I wish I had a picture, but the lady deleted the picture off of Craigslist. So we bought it, and she said she would keep it for us in her shop until I could find a time to get it out of there.
So exciting!

We also went to Christians In Action today [a local thrift store here in town] to look for a couple of things. If you follow me on Instagram and/or Twitter, you know that I had an interesting day there. If you don't follow me on Instagram and/or Twitter, you must do that this instant! [@ivybyram is my tag for both ;)]
These were hanging up on the wall:


I posted these on Instagram, and my feed blew up with, "OMG my grandma had one of these!!" It was only a short while ago that I realized.. "only in the south would a picture of singing wall fish make everyone go crazy and blow up a feed with comments about their grandma having the exact same fish on her wall that sang 'Take Me to the River.'" I bet the people that follow me who live up in New York are like, "those people are crazy..."

Why yes, yes we are.


They also had a bookshelf full of bibles that they were giving away for free. All of them, yes. For free. John was looking through them and found a really nice brown, leather bible that he and I both had been looking at online for forever! There wasn't a name imprinted on the outside, and he got a brand new bible not too long ago, so he let me have it! I was flipping through it and it already had verses highlighted and things written in the margins. I was excited because when I posted it on Instagram, I mentioned that it somewhat gave it character and mystery. Many questions went through my head.. Who is this person? Why did Mrs. Hargrove give them this bible in 2009? How old were they? So I'm excited to use it! Here is the picture:


It's super nice and I really like it! See, I have a huge study bible that I got for Christmas this past year and I absolutely love it! But sometimes it can be a pain to haul around for church, or if I wanted to go to Starbucks, the Library, or any other place. But this is a perfect size to just stick in my purse and go. I'm excited to go through it and see what else is written in it!

For now, I am going grocery shopping, ordering a five dollar pizza, watching a chick flick, and probably eating a couple of Oreos [a couple? oh, who am I kidding..] C'MON, it's a Saturday! ;)

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment