Mar 23, 2012

MySpace. A Place For Friends.

I remember being in the 7th grade looking up to the older junior high and high school students thinking, "Dang, I sure wish I had a MySpace!" Everyone talked about how fun it was to create your own profile and how you can customize it just the way you want to! So soon after, I finally got one. MySpace was so popular, and anyone who was cool had one.
I loved it when people would post those survey things and answer irrelevant questions about themselves for their whole MySpace world to see. There was no use in that, it was just fun and everyone did it. I also loved posting comments on people 's profiles, and adding music to your own profile. Yep, those were the days.
Until Facebook.
Facebook, for some reason, totally took over MySpace probably in about a year or so. I remember creating a Facebook and hating it so much because you couldn't do anything interesting with it! You couldn't customize profiles, add music, post bulletins, or any of that fun stuff that we all did on MySpace. So I hated it at first. But pretty soon people started deactivating their MySpace pages and no one really used it as much as they used to. Before we knew it, everyone we knew had a Facebook, and everyone was using it.
So after Facebook, there was Twitter, and then Google Plus, and all the rest of the social media sites that everyone was using and getting used to. (I do use these sites, so I'm not bashing them or whatever. I love all of them. They are definitely useful when it comes to keeping in touch with distant family, and other people you love, even if they're on the other side of the world.)
MySpace was no longer the place to be. But I was talking to my boyfriend, John, the other day and he told me that MySpace gained over 1 million new users. Mainly bands. But still, ONE MILLION, just in one year.
So I'm thinking that maybe one day MySpace will do something big and make a huge comeback! But then again, maybe not. I guess we'll just have to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment