Mar 9, 2012

Crazy, Spontaneous, Life.

Wow.. I seriously have not blogged in forever! I hate that, and I miss it.
The thing is, my life has just been crazy lately. I know that "I don't have an excuse" to not blog, but there has really been no time to just sit down at my computer and write about what I want to write about! I'm either working on an essay, some sort of math homework, or just doing different things outside of school.

Luckily, John and I took a weekend trip just to get away! (Sometimes you really need that!) We went to Austin to see the 3A State Championship basketball game (shout out to the Wylie girls for wining state, again!) and also to see his dad, Wayne, and his step mom, Julie. I love them both so much. They are literally a couple of the sweetest people I have ever met! 


This trip was totally spontaneous, and so John and I didn't hardly have ANY money. Just enough for tickets to the game and for gas there and back! It was definitely an adventure and I had such an amazing time!

We just happened to go visit on the weekend that they were having their neighborhood picnic. The first night we were there, everyone from the neighborhood got together and they all pitched in something to eat and had a great dinner!


 On Saturday night, all four of us (Wayne, Julie, John, and me) went to this little coffee shop in town. We listened to a couple of people do some acoustic shows. They were both SO good!

On Sunday, before we left, we went to a park close to Spider Lake. We stayed at the park for a little while and then walked about two miles all the way around Spider Lake and then back to the park. THAT was a fun time! :)

I thought this was cute! Wayne showing John how to sit on this... spinny thing.. Just like a little kid again ;)

And then he started spinning him!

Like father, like son ;)


There were these giant steps that led down to the lake. It was pretty cool!
And John is owling, of course!



This giant spider is what Spider Lake is named after. Probably one of the coolest things ever!

Right under the spider.
After our long walk we went back to the park and found the ice cream man :)







All around we had an amazing weekend! It was definitely much needed!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Ivy your life is so lovely, so fresh. I really admire you and John, in spite of the fact that I could be your mother! May God always be with you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the last picture, so cute!

    ReplyDelete