Jan 9, 2012

Cover to Cover.

Okay, so I literally have not been on my laptop in about 2 weeks. I know right?? It's crazy! I have been meaning to write for a long time, I just haven't gotten around to it. So much has happened in the past month. Another year has creeped up on us. 2012. A time for new beginnings. New resolutions.. Okay, if I'm being honest, I have never fulfilled any of my resolutions. EVER. It's kinda sad, I know. I really don't know why this is..
But this year is going to be different. Mainly because I made resolutions that will actually mean something to me.
My favorite resolution: Reading my Bible, cover to cover. My boyfriend, John, and I are actually doing this together, which is totally awesome and exciting! I've never done this before. Statistics say that it only take 74 hours for the average reader to read the Bible all the way through. I am your average reader... So get this -- If I read my bible for an hour every single day, it would only take me 74 days to read the entire thing! That's like 2 and a half months! Who knew!? Needless to say, I'm super pumped about it. In fact, I just finished Genesis like an hour ago. [Woohoooo!]
God has really moved in my life like CRAZY in the past few months. I have grown. I have learned to listen. I have come to realize that if I just let God take full control of my life, and stop trying to put my two cents in, things will miraculously fall right in to place. That might sound cliche, but when you get to the point to where you're actually living it out, it changes your life. It changed mine.

Anyway, cover to cover. Here we go. 1 down, 65 to go! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment